Anacostia AO-94 - História

Anacostia AO-94 - História


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Anacostia

II

(AO-94: dp. 22.380; 1. 523'6 "; b. 68 '; dr. 30'10"; v. 15,1 k .;
cpl. 255; a 1 5 "; cl. Escâmbia; T. T2-SE-A2)

A missão Alamo foi estipulada sob um contrato da Comissão Marítima (casco MC 1829) em 16 de julho de 1944 em Sausalito, Califórnia, pela Marinship Corp .; renomeado Anacostia (AO-94) em 24 de julho de 1944; lançado em 24 de setembro de 1944; s apoiado pela Sra. Henry F. Bruns, esposa do Contra-Almirante Tuns; e adquirido pela Marinha e colocado em comissão em 25 de fevereiro de 1945, o Tenente Comdr. Thomas H. Hoffmann no comando.

Depois de um período final de adaptação, a lubrificadora deixou a baía de São Francisco em 23 de março de 1945 e seguiu para San Die go, Califórnia, onde passou por três semanas de treinamento intensivo de shakedown. Anacostia partiu da costa oeste em 27 de abril e estabeleceu um curso para o Havaí. Ela chegou a Pearl Harbor em 3 de maio e se apresentou para o serviço no Esquadrão de Serviço 8, Força de Serviço, Frota do Pacífico. Dois dias depois, o navio deixou as águas havaianas e navegou para as Ilhas Carolinas.

Após a sua chegada a Ulithi em 16 de maio, Anacostia juntou-se ao Grupo de Trabalho (TG) 50.8 e seguiu com esse grupo para Okinawa. No início de junho, o petroleiro chegou a uma área designada de abastecimento de combustível ao largo de Okinawa e reabasteceu os bunkers de vários navios. Depois de concluir esta tarefa, ela navegou para Saipan para levar uma carga de gasolina a ser distribuída entre as forças lá em Okinawa. Durante agosto e setembro, a Anacostia fez mais duas viagens de ida e volta entre Ulithi e Okinawa, abastecendo o primeiro porto e descarregando-o no último.

Na época da capitulação japonesa em 15 de agosto, Anacostia estava no porto de Ulithi. Ela mudou-se para Okinawa seis dias depois e lá permaneceu até 25 de outubro. O petroleiro então navegou para as ilhas japonesas e pousou em Kanoya no dia 30. Ela também visitou o porto japonês de Kagoshima Kyushu. Em cada ponto, ela atuou como petroleira nas bases aéreas do Exército.

O Anacostia partiu para as Filipinas no início de dezembro e chegou a Manila pouco depois. Ela operou em águas filipinas por aproximadamente dois meses antes de iniciar outra viagem a Okinawa em 2 de fevereiro de 1946. Dessa ilha, ela navegou para Pearl Harbor e chegou às águas do Havaí em 7 de março. No dia seguinte, ela levantou âncora e traçou um curso para a costa do golfo através do Canal do Panamá. Ela transitou pelo canal no final de março e chegou a New Orleans, Louisiana, em 29 de março.

Anacostia mudou-se para Mobile, Alabama, no dia 30 e iniciou os preparativos de inativação lá. Ela foi desativada em Mobile em 16 de abril de 1946 e transferida pela Comissão Marítima no mesmo dia. Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 8 de maio de 1946.

O navio foi readquirido em 28 de fevereiro de 1948 pelo Serviço de Transporte Naval dos Estados Unidos. Durante os dois anos seguintes, a Anacostia operou ao longo da costa leste dos Estados Unidos; fez numerosas viagens através do Canal de Suez para Ras Tanura, Arábia Saudita e Bahrein para obter petróleo; visitou portos na Inglaterra e norte da Alemanha; realizou várias viagens a Aruba para carregamento de petróleo; e ligações pagas para os portos japoneses de Yokohama, Yokosuka e Sasebo.

Ela foi designada para o Serviço de Transporte Marítimo Militar (MSTS) em 18 de julho de 1950 e reportada à Tankers Co. Inc., para operação sob um contrato MSTS, foi redesignada como T-AO-94, e era operada como uma embarcação não comissionada tripulada por um tripulação do serviço civil.

Durante os sete anos seguintes, Anacostia continuou seu serviço como lubrificadora. Ela fez viagens frequentes aos portos ao longo da costa do Golfo do Texas, bem como aos portos de Ras Tanura, Arábia Saudita e Bahrein do Golfo Pérsico para obter petróleo. Suas cargas foram então entregues em instalações em portos no Japão, Inglaterra, Holanda e Alemanha. A petroleira permaneceu ativa até dezembro de 1957, quando se reportou a Norfolk, Virgínia. Ela foi então entregue à Administração Marítima e depositada na Frota de Reserva da Defesa Nacional no rio James. Seu nome foi retirado da lista da Marinha em 17 de dezembro de 1957.

Anacostia ganhou uma estrela de batalha por seu serviço na Segunda Guerra Mundial.


História

Fundado como o Anacostia Neighborhood Museum e inaugurado em 1967, o Anacostia Community Museum foi idealizado por S. Dillon Ripley, então secretário da Smithsonian Institution, como um esforço de divulgação do Smithsonian para a comunidade afro-americana local. John Kinard, um ativista comunitário local e ministro, foi nomeado diretor fundador e empregou suas habilidades no envolvimento, organização e divulgação da comunidade para moldar a prática e a direção do museu. Após a exposição inaugural, que foi uma mistura eclética de arte e artefatos de outros museus Smithsonian, os residentes locais e membros do conselho consultivo do museu expressaram o desejo de ter um museu que fosse relevante para suas experiências e história. Portanto, uma série de exposições e programas públicos focados na história afro-americana, questões comunitárias, história local e artes foi desenvolvida. A mudança foi exemplificada por projetos de exposições como o Frederick Douglass Years, Lorton Reformatory: Beyond Time, The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction, The Anacostia Story, e a coleção Barnett-Aden. A programação educacional focava em trazer uma ampla gama de experiências artísticas e culturais para crianças em idade escolar e o público adulto. O museu fez uma forte conexão com professores de escolas locais para se envolver com o museu no desenvolvimento do programa. Além disso, o museu estabeleceu uma sala infantil prática e convocou um conselho consultivo para jovens. Este trabalho estabeleceu o museu como um modelo para museus comunitários e uma força principal no movimento dos museus afro-americanos.

Começando na década de 1980, o programa da exposição voltou-se para temas nacionais mais amplos na história e cultura afro-americana, com foco na preservação dessa história. Liderado pelo diretor John Kinard, este trabalho também serviu como uma plataforma para seus principais esforços para defender o movimento emergente de museus afro-americanos. Projetos de exposição incluídos The Renaissance: Black Arts of the Twenties, Real McCoy: African American Invention and Innovation, e Escalando a escada de Jacobs: The Rise of Black Churches in Eastern American Cities, 1740-1877. O museu estabeleceu um programa contínuo focado nos arquivos da igreja, junto com uma série de programas educacionais sobre a preservação da história da família. Esses esforços incluíram um evento de dia de coleta que trouxe centenas de cidadãos locais e suas relíquias de família, obras de arte e coleções vintage junto com especialistas em conservação e conteúdo.

A exibição Fale com o meu coração: Comunidades de Fé e Vida Afro-Americana Contemporânea foi a primeira de uma série de exposições apresentadas pelo museu nas galerias Smithsonian no National Mall. Esse esforço foi seguido por uma série de exposições itinerantes com artistas e criadores afro-americanos. Os programas públicos apresentavam personalidades nacionais, como André Leon Talley e Camille Cosby, e eventos especiais de grande escala, incluindo um baile de máscaras de carnaval e o carnaval infantil da capital. O nome do museu foi revisado para Museu e Centro de História e Cultura Afro-americana da Anacostia para incluir esses esforços.

Em 1994, o museu desenvolveu o projeto de documentação e exposição intitulado Mosaico Negro: comunidade, raça e etnia entre os imigrantes negros em Washington. Esta exposição inovadora, que completa 20 anos em 2014, revelou a transformação das comunidades em Washington, DC, impactadas pela nova imigração para a cidade. A partir deste projeto, a programação educacional cresceu para servir a públicos mais amplos e fomentou uma programação musical única, como a Africa Fête, Musica Latina e o projeto de exibição e programa Além da batida do reggae.

Em 1999, o museu formalizou seu compromisso com as crianças das escolas locais estabelecendo a Academia do Museu, um programa que continua a fornecer programação pós-escolar e de verão, utilizando um currículo baseado em museu, para 40 crianças nos bairros Ward 7 e Ward 8 de Washington.

Reconectando-se ao trabalho inicial focado em questões comunitárias e história local, projetos recentes incluíram documentação, exposições e programas públicos focados em artes e criatividade da comunidade o impacto de bandas escolares no Distrito de Columbia o desenvolvimento de bairros de Washington, DC a leste do Rio Anacostia e uma iniciativa plurianual que documenta a ação dos cidadãos para recuperar as hidrovias urbanas, em particular o rio Anacostia. A maioria desses projetos inclui amplo envolvimento da comunidade, documentação fotográfica, esforços de coleta e extensa documentação de história oral. Muito deste trabalho cai sob a Iniciativa de Documentação Comunitária do museu. Em 2006, o nome do museu foi alterado para Museu Comunitário de Anacostia, refletindo um compromisso renovado de examinar questões de impacto para as comunidades urbanas contemporâneas.

Ao longo de sua história de mais de 50 anos, o museu manteve-se relevante, desenvolvendo projetos de documentação, exposições e programas que falam sobre as preocupações, problemas e triunfos das comunidades e que contam as histórias extraordinárias de pessoas comuns.


Então, por onde começamos?

Este marcador histórico do Texas indica um registro oficial de quando a primeira congregação da Igreja de Cristo em Hill County foi fundada. Fica com base no que hoje é a atual Igreja Batista de Prairie Valley e no cemitério do outro lado da rua.

Tudo começou quando ...

A primeira Igreja de Cristo na área de Hill County, no Texas, foi fundada em 1857 por um grupo de colonos na área ao redor de Prairie Valley. Os primeiros registros são escassos, mas os primeiros membros da igreja registrados foram W.J. Rape e sua esposa, que se mudaram para a área ao redor de Whitney em 1898. Will Nuckols e sua família se mudariam para a área logo em seguida. A igreja se reuniu em um prédio escolar de uma sala e os primeiros documentos indicam que o Sr. Estupro liderou os primeiros serviços, bem como o líder musical. Também é indicado que um professor local chamado P.J. Sherman foi o primeiro secretário da igreja e professor de classe bíblica.

Esta fotografia, tirada antes de 1968, é uma das poucas fotografias restantes do edifício que estava no terreno antes do que está hoje. Este edifício seria desmontado e levado para fora da cidade em reboques para um campo fora da cidade.

Em 1903, a igreja comprou o prédio e a propriedade da Igreja Presbiteriana na cidade de Whitney e transferiu a igreja para lá, onde permanece até hoje. O prédio em Prairie Valley foi vendido para a Missionary Baptist Church e o local físico agora se tornou a Prairie Valley Baptist Church. A história de como esse movimento surgiu é uma leitura fascinante.

E o exame dos documentos judiciais e escrituras arquivados de 1879 a 1910 indicam que a propriedade estava sob algum tipo de garantia devido a um processo movido pela Texas Central Railway Company. Uma casa foi construída no terreno, e um penhor de materiais foi retirado em 1880 e a questão foi julgada no valor de $ 279. O lote foi vendido para a igreja para satisfazer o ônus. A casa na propriedade seria demolida e substituída por uma estrutura muito maior por volta de 1912. Na época do pedido em 1910, os anciãos listados eram Sherman, Nuckols e um terceiro homem chamado W.J. Roper.

A primeira contribuição recebida na nova igreja na cidade de Whitney foi de vinte dólares. A igreja não tinha dinheiro para comprar pão de comunhão naquela época e as senhoras da igreja aprenderam a assar o seu próprio pão. Em 1918, Tom Weeks e sua família se mudaram para a área e quatro anos depois, o Sr. Weeks obedeceu ao Evangelho e foi batizado, tornando-se o líder da música e professor de Bíblia em 1927.

Casamento de Margaret Curbo com Bert Brunett em 1968. Esta foi uma das últimas cerimônias realizadas no antigo ‘Edifício Towash’.

De acordo com uma escritura arquivada no Tribunal do Condado de Hill em 1946, parte da propriedade atual foi vendida à igreja pela família Harris, os signatários da venda da propriedade sendo P.J. Sherman e Tom Weeks. A parte mais interessante desta compra parece indicar que a testemunha da escritura que está sendo assinada foi o tenente Cdr Charles Loeb, USNR, o oficial executivo da USS Anacostia (AO-94), um petroleiro de reabastecimento da Marinha dos EUA enquanto o navio estava no mar, cerca de duas semanas após a rendição das forças japonesas!

O edifício atual após sua conclusão. A fotografia provavelmente foi tirada em 1971.

Em 1969, o antigo prédio foi retirado da propriedade e levado para um local fora da cidade, onde permaneceu por anos. Um novo prédio foi planejado e a construção começou em 1969 e as obras foram concluídas em 1970. Um dos prédios mais modernos e avançados da cidade naquela época, a congregação se reunia no refeitório da escola primária enquanto as obras estavam em andamento. Essa escola primária é agora o local da atual Whitney ISD Intermediate School.

Esta fotografia, tirada em 2002, é de Joe e Clona Blakeney. Joe foi o ministro do púlpito de 1968-1984.

Joe Blakeney serviria como primeiro ministro no novo edifício e continuaria seu ministério lá até 1984.

Pouco antes da construção do prédio agora em uso hoje, a igreja contratou Joe Blakeney como ministro do púlpito em 1968. Joe e sua esposa, Clona, ​​se mudaram do Texas Panhandle para cá e ele começou seu ministério aqui. Pouco depois de chegar, a igreja abriu o Iron Springs Christian Camp nas margens do rio Brazos. A igreja financiou totalmente as operações do acampamento por muitos anos e, em 1984, Joe se tornou o diretor em tempo integral da Iron Springs. As portas do campo se fecharam em 1995, mas antes disso, ele atendeu às necessidades de milhares de jovens cristãos de todo o estado do Texas. Em 1984, a igreja empregou Charles Horn como ministro do púlpito, que permaneceu até 1992.

A Família Martin, no início do ministério de Bruce em Whitney. Da esquerda para a direita são: Christina Martin, Bruce Martin, David Martin, a esposa de Bruce, Debbie Martin, o então mais velho Bob Dollar segurando Emma Martin, Vannessa Martin e a esposa de Bob Dollar, Merle.

Em 1992, a igreja contratou um jovem ministro chamado Bruce Martin da área de Galveston. O ministério de Bruce ainda está forte hoje, enquanto ele continua a servir ao Senhor como ministro do púlpito aqui em Whitney. Pouco depois de sua chegada, a igreja começou o benefício de roupas de longa data que ainda existe hoje. Também nessa época, foram iniciadas missões estrangeiras em Honduras, Índia e Tailândia. A antiga biblioteca ao lado do prédio foi adquirida pela igreja. A igreja também começou a ajudar a Escola de Pregação de Monterrey durante os anos 90.

Uma grande reforma e remodelação do interior do santuário foi iniciada em 2018 e concluída em um ano. Novos bancos, carpetes e painéis foram instalados, atualizando a funcionalidade do edifício. Uma biblioteca também foi adicionada naquela época.

A igreja continua a fazer novos avanços em seu ministério aqui nesta comunidade à beira do lago, vivendo de acordo com sua história como uma congregação vibrante e ativa do Reino de Deus.


Visualize seu histórico de pedidos da Microsoft Store

Para revisar as compras feitas com sua conta da Microsoft, rastrear pedidos e visualizar faturas, entre na página de histórico de pedidos no painel de sua conta da Microsoft. Você pode ver informações sobre compras, como aplicativos, jogos e assinaturas, como Microsoft 365 e Xbox Live. Certifique-se de entrar com a conta que você usou para fazer a compra.

Para ver pedidos e compras anteriores, use o Mostrar e Ordenado em filtros.

Para imprimir um pedido ou sua nota fiscal, selecione Detalhes do pedido & gt Imprimir / Nota fiscal.

Se você tiver alguma dúvida sobre seus pedidos, selecione Ajuda para pedidos.

Precisa de mais ajuda? Aqui estão algumas coisas que você pode tentar se algo não estiver certo:

Certifique-se de estar conectado com a conta da Microsoft usada para fazer a compra. Se você tiver mais de uma conta da Microsoft, entre em cada uma para verificar seu histórico de pedidos.

Para alterar a forma de pagamento de uma assinatura, mudar a frequência de cobrança ou cancelar, selecione Serviços e assinaturas de amplificador. Para obter ajuda adicional, consulte Alterar a forma de pagamento de uma assinatura da Microsoft.

Para descobrir por que você não consegue baixar um jogo, aplicativo ou outro software, consulte Corrigir problemas com aplicativos da Microsoft Store.

Para saber como visualizar seus pedidos no console Xbox One, verifique o histórico de compras do Xbox.


História

Por milhares de anos antes de exploradores e colonos europeus navegarem até Anacostia, os nativos americanos caçaram e cultivaram ao longo de suas margens e se banquetearam com a abundância de peixes e frutos do mar que encontraram no rio. Em 1608, quando o capitão John Smith subiu o Potomac e entrou no Anacostia, ficou maravilhado com sua profundidade e clareza. A tribo que ele encontrou vivendo na foz do rio eram comerciantes e o nome que ele registrou para eles foi "Nacotchtank", que parece derivar da palavra nativa para "uma cidade de comerciantes". Com o passar dos anos, esse nome evoluiu para “Nacostine” e depois “Anacostine”, eventualmente nos dando os nomes que usamos hoje - “Anacostan” para a tribo e “Anacostia” para o rio.

A vida ficou difícil para os anacostanos no século 17, sua localização era escolhida para o comércio, mas eles também foram a primeira tribo a ser atacada por outras tribos nativas do norte. Os colonos trouxeram novas doenças, que afligiram os indígenas em todo o Chesapeake, e conflitos que também lhes custaram vidas. Na década de 1660, tempos difíceis fizeram com que o chefe Anacostan deixasse sua casa tribal, que ficava onde agora fica a Base Conjunta Anacostia-Bolling. Aquela terra e grande parte da costa rio acima no Anacostia foram desmatadas para a agricultura pelos colonos. (Para obter mais informações sobre a história indígena local, visite DC Native History Project).

No século 18, o porto de Bladensburg serviu como um importante centro de navegação colonial. Como o rio tinha 12 metros de profundidade, ele era capaz de acomodar navios oceânicos. A principal atividade industrial do século 19, incluindo a construção de navios no Washington Navy Yard e a gaseificação do carvão mais rio acima, apoiou uma economia vibrante, mas também contribuiu para a destruição de pântanos e a poluição que ainda lutamos hoje.

O desenvolvimento ao longo do rio levou à destruição das florestas, prados e pântanos que constituem uma bacia hidrográfica saudável. Como o escoamento e os sedimentos obstruíram o rio e reduziram sua profundidade, e à medida que a população que vivia perto do rio aumentou, as enchentes se tornaram um problema sério. No que agora reconhecemos como abordagens contraproducentes, o Corpo de Engenheiros do Exército construiu uma série de diques projetados para controlar inundações, degradando ainda mais os sistemas naturais da Anacostia.


História e cultura

Numerosos eventos fizeram do Parque Anacostia o lugar que é hoje. Você sabia que quando anda neste terreno, você está caminhando por onde os índios americanos caçavam? Os primeiros exploradores europeus se perguntaram? E onde os direitos civis foram conquistados? Aprenda histórias individuais clicando nos ícones abaixo ou role para baixo para ver a linha do tempo completa do Parque Anacostia.

1000-1600's: The Nacotchtanks

1608: European Discovery

1790: Planejamento para o Capitólio Nacional

1812: A Guerra de 1812

1861: Fortificações da Guerra Civil

1932: O Exército de Bônus

1900: Desenvolvimento do Parque Anacostia

1000-1600's: The Nacotchtanks

Muito antes da chegada dos primeiros exploradores europeus, uma vibrante cultura indígena americana evoluiu em torno da abundância de peixes, caça e outros recursos naturais na área do rio Anacostia por pelo menos 10.000 anos. No século 17, os índios Nacotchtank eram os principais residentes ao longo da costa leste do Anacostia. Prósperos fazendeiros, coletores, caçadores e comerciantes, os Nacotchtanks viviam nas proximidades do que hoje é a Base Aérea de Bolling.

1608: European Discovery

O inglês John Smith explorou a Anacostia, ou braço oriental do Potomac, em 1608. A chegada de Smith anunciou tanto o rápido assentamento das terras a leste do rio Anacostia por proprietários de terras ingleses quanto o rápido declínio dos Nacotchtanks. O legado dos primeiros habitantes humanos da área vive até hoje através do nome “Anacostia”, que é uma latinização do nome algonquiano & quotNacotchtank. & Quot

1790: Planejamento para a Capital Nacional

Em 1790, o presidente George Washington selecionou a área de 10 milhas quadradas ao redor da confluência dos rios Potomac e Anacostia como sede do novo governo federal. O local o atraiu porque Georgetown em Maryland e Alexandria na Virgínia, ambas estabelecidas na década de 1750, já eram prósperas cidades portuárias ao longo do rio Potomac. O rio Anacostia oferecia potencial para portos de águas profundas e estava pronto para um desenvolvimento significativo.

Washington encarregou o francês Pierre L’Enfant de desenvolver planos para a nova capital. O conceito de L'Enfant para a cidade foi baseado em planos europeus clássicos, que previam que os edifícios públicos fossem localizados em características geográficas proeminentes, grandes avenidas que irradiavam para fora e conectavam edifícios públicos e parques, e grandes espaços públicos que serviam como ambientes apropriados para o edifício público. O ambicioso projeto arquitetônico e paisagístico também incluía um plano de ruas detalhado que se estendia do rio Potomac até seu braço oriental, como era chamado o rio Anacostia. Ao longo do ramo oriental, portos, mercados e locais industriais foram concebidos.

1812: Guerra de 1812

1861: Fortificações da Guerra Civil

Quando eclodiram os combates entre as forças da União e dos Confederados em abril de 1861, a capital estava vulnerável a ataques de simpatizantes pró-Sul em Maryland e em outros pontos. Um anel de fortes foi desenvolvido ao redor da capital e incluiu um extenso sistema de fortes de terra que se estendeu até o que hoje é o Distrito de Columbia, Virgínia e Maryland. Os fortes estabelecidos para proteger as abordagens orientais da cidade, Fort Greble (atual Anacostia), Fort Carroll e Fort Mahan (localizado ao norte de Benning Road), eram três dos maiores postos avançados de terra rudimentares localizados a leste do Rio Anacostia.

1932: O Exército de Bônus

Recuperando-se dos efeitos da Grande Depressão, um grande grupo de veteranos da Primeira Guerra Mundial marchou para Washington, DC, na primavera de 1932, para exigir o pagamento imediato de um bônus de guerra. Quase 11.000 manifestantes estabeleceram um acampamento em Anacostia Flats (atual Parque Anacostia), onde criaram barracos com caixas de papelão e pedaços de madeira.

Depois que o Congresso se recusou a atender às demandas dos Bonus Marchers, o presidente Herbert Hoover ordenou que o general Douglas MacArthur os removesse à força. A polícia e o pessoal militar, incluindo uma unidade de tanques liderada pelo Major Dwight D. Eisenhower, atacaram os manifestantes em 28 de julho de 1932, derrubando e incendiando seus abrigos. Os que não foram feridos na batalha voltaram para suas casas sem o tão procurado bônus. Leia mais em Bonus Expeditionary Forces March on Washington.

1900: Desenvolvimento do Parque Anacostia

A nomeação da Comissão McMillan pelo Congresso dos EUA em 1901 preparou o terreno para o desenvolvimento do Parque Anacostia. Entre as suas recomendações, a Comissão instou que os "apartamentos" da Anacostia sigam o modelo dos Parques Potomac do Leste e Oeste - que os pântanos sejam "recuperados" e as novas terras usadas como jardins e espaços recreativos para uso público.

A recuperação do assoreado Rio Anacostia e sua transformação em um parque público foi um plano ambicioso que levaria várias décadas para ser concluído. A Lei do Rio Anacostia e Flats em 1914 apelou à "continuação da recuperação e do desenvolvimento do Rio Anacostia" e das planícies das marés.

Para cumprir essa tarefa, o Corpo de Engenheiros do Exército dos EUA construiu um paredão nas margens do Anacostia, dragando o fundo do rio, e usou o sedimento para preencher os pântanos atrás do muro. Projetos de construção e paisagismo de parques continuaram ao longo das décadas de 1920 e 1930, sobrevivendo a uma série de estouros de custos, paralisações de trabalho e contratempos. Essa "reclamação" destruiu um sistema natural de pântanos. No entanto, na época, o valor dos pântanos não era compreendido e geralmente eram considerados "pântanos da malária".

Em 1933, as responsabilidades de gestão e supervisão do Parque Anacostia foram transferidas para o Serviço Nacional de Parques.


Anacostia AO-94 - História

O Forte McHenry, em Baltimore, Maryland, é um forte em forma de estrela mais conhecido por seu papel na Guerra de 1812, quando defendeu com sucesso o porto de Baltimore de um ataque da marinha britânica na Baía de Chesapeake. Foi durante o bombardeio do forte que Francis Scott Key se inspirou para escrever "The Star-Spangled Banner", o poema que viria a ser transformado no hino nacional dos Estados Unidos, inspirado pelo Coronel Caleb Cariton no Fort Meade South Dakota . a canção foi ajustada para a melodia de uma canção britânica "To Anacreon in Heaven". Veja as palavras no final desta página.

O rio Rappahannock é um rio no leste da Virgínia, com aproximadamente 184 milhas de comprimento. Ele atravessa toda a parte norte do estado, desde as Montanhas Blue Ridge no oeste através do Piemonte até a Baía de Chesapeake ao sul do Potomac. O nome do rio vem de uma palavra da língua algonquina lappihanne (também conhecido como Toppehannock), que significa "rio de água rápida e crescente" ou "onde a maré desce e desce". Este nome foi tirado do nome dado a ele pela população nativa local da tribo Rappahannock

O rio Rapidan é o maior afluente do rio Rappahannock no centro-norte da Virgínia.

Na costa, vagamente vista através das brumas das profundezas,
Onde o anfitrião arrogante do inimigo repousa em um silêncio terrível,
O que é isso que a brisa, sobre o íngreme altíssimo,
Enquanto sopra irregularmente, meio esconde, meio revela?
Agora ele capta o brilho do primeiro feixe de luz do farol,
Em plena glória refletida agora brilha no riacho:
'Tis a bandeira estrelada! Oh, muito tempo que possa ondular
Ou seja a terra dos livres e a casa dos bravos!

E onde está aquela banda que tão orgulhosamente jurou
Que a destruição da guerra e a confusão da batalha,
Uma casa e um país não devem nos deixar mais!
Seu sangue lavou a poluição de seus péssimos passos.
Nenhum refúgio poderia salvar o mercenário e o escravo
Do terror da fuga ou da escuridão da sepultura:
E a bandeira estrelada em triunfo acenou
Ou seja a terra dos livres e a casa dos bravos!

O! assim seja sempre, quando os homens livres permanecerão
Entre seu lar amado e a desolação da guerra!
Abençoado com vitória e paz, que a terra resgatada do céu
Louvado seja o Poder que nos fez e preservou uma nação.
Então devemos conquistar, quando nossa causa é justa,
E este é o nosso mo tto: 'Em Deus está a nossa confiança.'
E a bandeira estrelada em triunfo deve ondular
Ou seja a terra dos livres e a casa dos bravos!


Atribuído ao Serviço de Transporte Naval [editar | editar fonte]

A embarcação foi readquirida em 28 de fevereiro de 1948 pelo Serviço de Transporte Naval dos Estados Unidos. Durante os dois anos seguintes, a Anacostia operou ao longo da costa leste dos Estados Unidos fez inúmeras viagens através do Canal de Suez para Ras Tanura, Arábia Saudita e Bahrein para embarcar em portos de petróleo visitados na Inglaterra e norte da Alemanha realizou várias viagens a Aruba para abastecido com petróleo e escalas pagas para os portos japoneses de Yokohama, Yokosuka e Sasebo.


Uma breve história da anacostia, seu nome, origem e progresso

Anacostia aparece no mapa mais antigo do Capitão John Smith, publicado em 1612 e lá é chamado de "Nacotchtank", o Capitão Smith em seu "Histórico Geral da Virgínia '' nos diz que ele e seus doze companheiros em suas explorações ao redor da Baía de Chesapeake e seus rios afluentes, foram bem recebidos pelos Nacotchtank, que eram os mais setentrionais daquelas tribos indígenas algonquinas cercadas pelos iroqueses e conhecidas como índios Powhatan.

Na época do Capitão Smith, o Nacotchtank estava no caminho da guerra com o "Patawomeke" no atual Potomac Creek, Condado de Stafford, Virgínia.

Por volta do ano de 1621, o pinnace Tiger com 26 homens foi enviado de Jamestown, Va., Para negociar milho com os índios perto da cabeceira da navegação no Rio Potomac. Eles foram atacados pelo Nacotchtank e todos foram mortos ou feitos prisioneiros, entre os quais estava um jovem, Henry Fleet. Permanecendo em cativeiro cerca de cinco anos. Fleet aprendeu a língua falada por todos os índios Powhatan e que usou com grande vantagem depois de ser resgatado, enquanto negociava por peles. Ele fez duas viagens durante um ano pelo rio Potomac até Nacotchtank.

Uma dessas viagens, feita em 1632, ele descreveu em um "Brief Journal of a voyage", o original da descrição está na Biblioteca do Palácio de Lambeth, em Londres. Foi publicado, em parte incorretamente, duas vezes por E. D. Neil em "Founders of Maryland and Colonization of America" ​​e depois por J. Thomas Scharf em sua "História de Maryland".

Uma passagem desse diário é interessante para nós, pois se refere ao atual site da Anacostia. Em vez de Nacotchtank, Fleet usa a forma Nacostine, mas nos primeiros relatórios das sessões da Assembleia e do Conselho em Santa Maria, também nos relatórios que foram enviados a Roma pelos padres jesuítas que acompanharam Leonard Calvert, e especialmente por Andrew White, a forma com o prefixo "A" é usada: Anacostines. (Anacostanos). Etimologicamente, esta forma é talvez a mais correta, embora os próprios índios possam ter usado a forma sem o prefixo "A", pois muitas vezes eliminaram prefixos e sufixos de palavras.

Anaquash (e) tan (i) k que significa uma cidade de comerciantes.

Esta explicação é muito significativa, para a atual Anacostia e seus arredores: as aldeias de Nacostine (estendendo-se de Bennings no rio Anacostia, daí ao longo do rio Potomac abaixo de Congress Heights até Shepherd's Landing e Broad Creek Md., Em frente a Alexandria, Virgínia ), eram antes da chegada dos brancos, entrepostos comerciais animados, que eram visitados pelos iroqueses do atual estado de Nova York.

Mesmo depois da fundação da colônia de Maryland, Leonard Calvert em uma carta a um comerciante inglês em Londres menciona três lugares na província mais adequados para entrepostos comerciais com os índios. Um dos três é Anacostan, por conta da visita do Massameke, nome coletivo das "Cinco Nações".

Logo após o ano de 1668, partes das tribos indígenas que residiam ao sul do rio Anacostia foram empurradas através dele. Por volta dessa época, os Anacostanos colonizaram a atual Ilha Anacostina, que aparece no mapa de Augustine Herman, de Maryland (1670) como Ilha Anacostina.

Pelo exposto, será visto que anos atrás, antes que a cidade de Washington fosse sequer contemplada ou seu local conhecido pelos brancos, uma pequena aldeia indígena no braço oriental do rio Potomac, chamada Nachatank era então uma das mais importantes de vários pequenos povoados próximos à foz do rio Piscataway.

Como um bom entreposto comercial, Nachatank, como foi nomeado pela tribo de índios ali assentada, em homenagem ao seu chefe Nachatank, tornou-se bem conhecido por muitos dos primeiros navios mercantes europeus e pela grande abundância de caça, o clima ameno e a cordialidade nativos encontrados lá, fizeram deste pequeno porto um ponto de troca favorito.

Father White, who accompanied Lord Baltimore on a visit describes the Nachatank Indians as a liberal and ingenuous disposition, with an acuteness of sight, smell and taste especially as to taste, possessing a great fondness for an article of food called pone and hominy.

These Indians were descendants of the great Powhatan tribes, who had crossed from the Northern part of Virginia to the Maryland side of the Potomac River.

Reports of this ideal spot on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac, with its mild climate, its wonderful forests, its wild game in great numbers and its great fame as a fishing ground, had spread not only to the neighboring Indian tribes but to the white settlers beyond.

But like many of the Indian tribes the Nachatanks were susceptible to the liquor which the white man had for barter, and first the game of their forests and streams and then their lands were given up to the white man for their indulgences, until they were finally pushed back to the settlements close to the Piscataway River.

Later the white settlers experienced trouble and annoyance from Nacotchtank, the Chief, who with a couple of his warriors would suddenly break in upon their peace and security, and having obtained sufficient fire-water would terrorize the villages by raids of plunder and deviltry.

Later it will be seen this village on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac became known and designated as Uniontown.

Second, The Indian settlement Nacotchtank became the white settlement Anacostia.

The prince of promoters of the Capital City, James Greenleaf, five years or so before the century turn, eighteen hundred, bought on the meanders of the Eastern Branch of the Potowmack, close by the Anacostia Fort. This fort, it can be presumed, was on the heights now within the bounds of Anacostia.

The Eastern Branch ferry connected with Upper Marlborough road where it crossed the Piscataway road which connected with Bladensburg. The ferry was at the foot of Kentucky Avenue and a bridge there was built in 1795 and known as the lower bridge in distinction to that more eastward known as the upper bridge. The Navy Yard created requirement and at the terminus of Eleventh Street was built, 1818, the Navy Yard bridge. That part of the Piscataway road east of the Navy Yard Bridge is the modern Minnesota Avenue. The thin settlement called Anacostia was along the river front near the bridges.

No Daily National Intelligencer, February 8, 1849 is:

"A New Post Office is established at Anacostia, Washington County, D. C, and John Lloyd appointed Postmaster. The new office takes the place of 'Good Hope,' which was discontinued in consequence of the removal of the Postmaster."

On the authority of Mr. Simmons 1 it is stated that the post office designation so continued until 1865 when it was changed to Uniontown to be again Anacostia in 1869.

Right where the crossing of the Navy Yard Bridge on the Anacostia side was complete stood the tavern of Duvall to give the traveler invitation to good cheer. The tavern is there now or rather the shell of it. Not now, is as once was it, the proof of Dr. Samuel Johnson's Boswell-quoted remark: ''There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn."

George Simmons in "Roadside Sketches," The Evening Star, December 5, 1891, has:

"Forty years ago the site of Anacostia was farm lands and was owned by one Enoch Tucker. It formerly belonged to the William Marbury estate and was part of the 'Chichester' tract. There were 240 acres in the Tucker farm, a good part of which was cultivated for truck purposes. Mr. Tucker did not attend to the farm work himself, however, for he was employed as boss blacksmith in the navy yard. The farm was either leased or worked on the share plan. The Tucker farm house stood alone in the old days, and until recently, occupied the site of the present new Pyles block, on the west side of Monroe street, just south of Harrison street and the bridge. In 1854 John Fox and John W. VanHook and John Dobler bought the farm from Tucker for $19,000 and divided it into building lots." 2

The date of the conveyance from Tucker is June 5, 1854.

The advertisements give the rise, progress and con-summation of the promotion.
Daily Evening Star, June 10, 1854:

Notice to Union Town Lot Holders

Persons in arrears with their monthly dues, are required to pay up or their names will be left out of the drawing.

"Deeds in fee simple," "guaranteed clear of all and every encumbrance," will be given to Lot holders paying up in full at any time after the drawing on Monday Evening next.

Daily Evening Star, July 29, 1854:

Homes For All

The Union Land Association having sold and located by ballot the 350 Building Lots advertised during the last two months, are now prepared to sell the remaining 350 lots, "with the privilege of selection."

The subdivision, Uniontown, is recorded in the office of the Surveyor in book Levy Court, No. 2, pages A 83 and B 83, October 9, 1873. Uniontown was between the fork created by the Upper Marborough road and the Piscataway road. To the thoroughfare eastward, a part of the Marlborough road, was given the name Harrison Street and to the thoroughfare southward a part of the Piscataway road was given the name Monroe Street. The other streets of Uniontown likewise were named in honor of the Presidents.

The proximity of the Navy Yard to the bridge no doubt, gave the promoters the belief that many of the employees would take advantage of having a home, with country life adjunct, near their place of business. Uniontown is the first suburban subdivision and because of the river separation is not likely to lose its suburban identity. The Duvall subdivision is to the west of Monroe Street at the river. Other subdivisions fairly encompass the original subdivision.

Mr. Simmons says in the ''Roadside Sketches'':

John Fox and John W. VanHook were the real estate firm of Fox and VanHook for some years prior to 1863. That year it was a firm of commission merchants. In 1864, Mr. VanHook continued as a commission merchant and Mr. Fox became of the firm Fitch, Hine and Fox, attorneys and claim agents. Mr. Fox's business associates are the honorably remembered James E. Fitch and Lemon G. Hine. After 1865, Mr. Fox does not appear in the local directory.

John Welsh VanHook was born in Philadelphia in 1825. At an early age he moved to Baltimore. At Baltimore in conjunction with John Hopkins he did much in suburban development. In 1852 he moved to Washington.

Mr. VanHook was commended by President Lincoln and General Grant for having carried dispatches from Philadelphia to Washington via Baltimore at the time when the last named city was the hot bed of Confederate sympathizers.

He died, April 9, 1905, at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Middleton C. Smith, 1616 Nineteenth Street, N. W. Washington, D. C. He is interred in Congressional Cemetery. 4

The residence of Mr. VanHook, ''Cedar Hill,'' became that of Frederick Douglass, the preeminent of his race. Officially, in the District of Columbia, the only colored man to be U. S. Marshal and the first Recorder of Deeds. The property passed to the Frederick Douglass Memorial Association. '

Hiram Pitts who owned and occupied the property eastwardly, adjoining the VanHook mansion, was vigorous to the day of his death, which was in his ninety sixth year. Long he was employed in the U. S. Treasury.

Of Dr. Thomas Antisell in the History of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia is a biographical sketch in detail with two likenesses. He made a geo-logical reconnaissance of southern California and of the territory of Arizona on an expedition for the Pacific Railroad. For Japan he was technologist of a commission to develop the resources of the northern islands of that empire, and was decorated by the Mikado with, the Order of the Rising Sun of Meijis.'' But a review of his activities takes much type space. Dr. Antisell lived in Uniontown or its borders from 1866 to 1871.

Dr. Arthur Christie was an Englishman who inherited quite a large sum from relatives in England. He purchased fifty acres or so between Harrison Street and the Eastern Branch which he made his home and called it Fairlawn. It was patterned after an English estate with pretentious residence, a lodge, and landscape effect.

In every department of life's work, professional, mercantile or otherwise, honorably to be classified, Anacostia has its exponents. Passed away recently that is, October 14, 1919, did the Rev. Willard Goss Davenport. Without any diminution of practicality on account of it, Mr. Davenport had all the naturalness and goodness of Goldsmith's creation, the Vicar of Wakefield. Of his ministry, twenty eight years of it he consecrated to Anacostia. He was a native of Vermont and in a fiction of fact he, in a delightful work ''Blairlee," portrayed the character of the folks of the Green Mountain state.

When Mr. Fox, Mr. VanHook and Mr. Dobler were crossing the bridge on their way to view the prospective purchase for the prospective town they saw on the river's edge opposite the Navy Yard the mansion of George Washington Talburtt. It is there now except the parts knocked off. It is not so near the edge of the water for a wide area of unsightly land has been made by dredging and dumping in the work of reclamation. In the fifties as in the forties, the scene was the same. The streams from the highlands of Montgomery had united and were just beyond to pour their flood to make more majestic the Potomac. Do "Earth's tall sons, the cedar, oak, and pine" who to full stature had grown even before the days of Lewin Talburtt, the father of George W. were close to the mansion but closer than any other was a mighty chestnut. A little off was the cottage of the overseer (Woodruff) and in sight the quarters of those who did the tillage.

The mansion and its outlook was inspiring. It was a place to be appreciated and appropriate for the tarrying there of a man of wonderful thoughts and of brilliancy in expressing it, if one who could produce a tragedy like Brutus for Edmund Kean to impersonate, like Charles, the Second, for Charles Kemble to impersonate, like Virginius for John McCullough to impersonate for one, who in light vein could unite comedy or who could turn the source of delight to opera.

He who has George Washington Talburtt for his ancestor, not more than two generations in advance he, who strolls here, there and everywhere around these parts and then tells who and what he saw in the strolls in the most delightful way and gives more delight to the most people, he, it is, who told the writer: It is true John Howard Payne and George Washington Talburtt were intimate friends and in their mutuality ''were chummy and rummy." It is not yet forbidden to be chummy but the other exaltedly happy condition is a pleasure of the past, not to return without the country re-reforms.

Mr. Simmons in his ''Roadside Sketch" through and about Anacostia has this to say:

"The late George W. Talburtt, the then proprietor of the Talburtt estate was the friend and boon companion of Payne. Although there was a disparity in their ages, Payne being much the elder, there was something in their virtues that drew them toward each other. Perhaps it was the love of music, for which they were both noted. And then each was of a convivial turn, and each played and sang well. Both were bachelors when the famous song was written, and their companionship was almost inseparable. They would sit for hours together of a summer evening under the spreading branches of the old tree, singing and playing favorite airs, and it is a matter of neighborhood gossip that jolly old Bacchus looked on approvingly on those occasions."

This is an excerpt from an autographic letter reproduced in a biography:

The play which Payne sold to Charles Kemble for 30 lb was at the request of the latter, by the former converted into an opera. Payne adapted in a measure a melody heard sung by an Italian peasant girl, to his original words ''Home, Sweet Home.'' It was first sung by Ann Maria Tree in the Covent Garden Theatre, London, May 8, 1823. As often happens in the literary creations of the ages, not the author but his grantee gets the gold therefor. ''The lowly thatched cottage" if suggested by a reality, may have been the boyhood home at East Hampton, Long Island.

Not under the chestnut tree within the Talburtt domain and the purlieus of Anacostia was the immortal song created, yet it can be claimed, confidently, that under the canopy of chestnut boughs these jolly good fellows under the influence and inspiration of that which "maketh merry,'' blended harmoniously their voices in the acclaim: "There's no place like home."

Uniontown although without sidewalks, or street pavements, these being graveled, was becoming a thriving place. Many stores of all kinds having sprung up to accommodate the trade coming from lower down, in Maryland both by Harrison Street and Monroe Street.

Later on, Uniontown, District .of Columbia, having become confused so much with Uniontown, Pennsylvania, and causing so much confusion in business, it was decided to change its name to its original Anacostia.

Since the reorganization of the Anacostia Citizens Association in 1904 the following are some of the improvements that have resulted directly or indirectly from its influence and activities:

The building of a new and modern Police Station and the establishment of the Eleventh Precinct.

The purchase of ground and the erection of the Ketcham School House.

The laying of new street pavement on 14th Street from Good Hope Road to V Street.

The naming and improvement of Logan Park on Fourteenth Street.

Erection of flag pole and flying of flag in Logan Park.

The installation of granolithic sidewalks in several streets.

Regrading and improvements in U, V, and W Streets. Improvements in Thirteenth Street from Good Hope Road to Pleasant Street.

The Association was very active in getting legislation toward the reclamation of the Anacostia Flats.

Also in regard to the location of the causeway of the new bridge.

It has ever been very active and somewhat successful in getting improvements in the street railway service, and was active in getting legislation in connection with the Union Station Branch of the railway up First Street East.

It was active in getting through legislation for placing underground, the electric conduit of the railroad, and which it is hoped to soon see established through Anacostia.

It was instrumental in getting a new building for the Branch Post Office and in obtaining many improvements to the service here in the collection and delivery of mail.

It was successful in having placed gas lamps in many places throughout the locality.

In having Mount View Place and Shannon Place extended.

Labored earnestly for the extension of water mains, etc., which improvement is now underway.

Instrumental in the improvement to the railroad yard.

Its last success was in getting the express and baggage house-to-house delivery and collection, and the delivery of telegrams the same as on the other side of the river.

We are now working on the project of paving and grading Nichols Avenue, and the placing underground of the electric conduit of the street railroad which we expect to succeed in.

We have now all the conveniences the rest of the city affords, but will continue our efforts to make improvements wherever needed through Anacostia. We are only 30 minutes from the center of the city by street cars and 'are the best equipped of any of the outlying parts of Washington City.

All of the principal business places in the heart of the city deliver goods here, while there are here stores of all kinds which supply one with anything he may wish in merchandise and other household necessities.

1. George Simmons, The Evening Star, December 5, 1891.
2. Liber J. A. S., 78, f. 114. Land Records, D. C, 240 a. 5 r. 31 p.
3. See Topographical Map of the District of Columbia surveyed in the years 1856, '57, '58, '59 by A. Boschke.
4. The Washington Post, April 10, 1905.

Source: Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington DC, Committee on Publication and the Recording Secretary, Volume 7, Washington, Published b the Society, 1904.

This page was last updated Wednesday, 13-May-2015 18:01:23 EDT

Copyright August @2011 - 2021AHGP The American History and Genealogy Project.
Enjoy the work of our webmasters, provide a link, do not copy their work


Escambia-class oiler

The Escambia -class oilers were a class of twelve T2-SE-A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. They were very similar to the Suamico class, differing principally in having the more powerful turboelectric plant of the P2-SE2 transports which developed 10.000 shp.
All ships were decommissioned and transferred to military sea transport service in the postwar period. Several were later transferred to the U.S. army and turned into a floating generating stations, and has served in this role in Vietnam.

1. Ships. (Корабли)
USS Ocklawaha AO-84, 1943.
USS Mascoma AO-83, 1944.
USS Soubarissen AO-93, ex- Mission Santa Ana, converted to water supply ship.
USS Pasig AO-91, ex- Mission San Xavier, converted to AW-3.
USS Tomahawk AO-88, 1944.
USS Kennebago AO-81, 1943.
USS Ponaganset AO-86, 1944.
USS Pamanset AO-85, 1943.
USS Tamalpais AO-96, ex- Mission San Francisco, 1945.
USS Anacostia AO-94, ex- Mission Alamo, 1945.
USS Escambia AO-80, 1943.
USS Sebec AO-87, 1944.
USS Abatan AO-92, ex- Mission San Lorenzo, converted to AW-4.
USS Cahaba AO-82, ex- Lackawapen, 1944.
USS Caney AO-95, ex- Mission Los Angeles, 1945.

  • Florida Escambia County, Alabama Escambia class fleet oiler SS Escambia a steam ship registered in Liverpool USS Escambia Fusconaia escambia a mollusc
  • USS Escambia AO - 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War
  • Suamico class were a class of 25 United States Navy oilers during World War II. Built to the Maritime Commission T2 - SE - A1 Suamico class - A2 Escambia class
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Betriebsstofftransporter WALCHENSEE - Klasse 703 German
  • Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - Class Coastal Tankers Historical RFA
  • USS Tamalpais AO - 96 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Caney AO - 95 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Cahaba AO - 82 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Tamalpais AO - 96 placed in National Defense Reserve Fleet in
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Caney AO - 95 converted to water tanker in 1944 placed in National
  • USS Anacostia AO - 94 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Pamanset AO - 85 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Oklawaha AO - 84 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Kennebago AO - 81 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler serving in the United States Navy during World War II. Laid down on 9 January 1943, she
  • USS Soubarissen AO - 93 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler converted to a water tanker, named for a chief of the Neutral Indian Nations which, although
  • USS Sebec AO - 87 was a Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Tomahawk AO - 88 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Mascoma AO - 83 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler constructed for the United States Navy during World War II. She served her country in the
  • Naming section of the Navy Historical Center NavSource Online: Service Ship Photo AO - 143 United States Oiler History United States Oiler Naming History.
  • States Merchant Marine Academy United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - class coastal tanker 1953 of Royal Navy National Park
  • unincorporated community located on Santa Rosa Island, a barrier island, in Escambia County, Florida, United States. It is situated south of Pensacola and
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Hayler and Keever, 2003: 14 - 2. UNCTAD 2006, p. 4. Huber
  • a brief respite but was at sea again on 10 September escorting the oiler Escambia AO - 80 to Okinawa before sailing for home on 1 October. After a brief
  • sections: the bow in early 2003 and the aft section in late 2003. Escambia - class replenishment oiler List of Type T2 Tanker names Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type
  • United States Navy Henry J. Kaiser - class oiler USS Abel P. Upshur DD - 193 was a United States Navy Clemson - class destroyer until World War II USS Garfield
  • USS Cohocton AO - 101 was lead ship of her class of fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • River, which forms the western boundary of Florida Escambia Bay and East Bay, fed by the Escambia River and Blackwater River, respectively Choctawhatchee
  • Poseidon. June 4 Tar balls arrive on beaches in Pensacola, Florida. However, Escambia County, Florida officials do not close the beaches. Mississippi has not
  • Osterhaus DE - 164 and Acree DE - 167 on 22 March to escort oilers Kankakee AO - 39 Escambia AO - 80 and Atascosa AO - 66 Whitehurst and Atascosa were
  • Escalante, Neshanic, Niobrara, Millicoma, Saranac, Cossatot, Cowanesque, Escambia Cahaba, Mascoma, Ocklawaha, Ponaganset, Sebec, Tomahawk, Anacostia 16

Cold Water Sank the TITANIC Disaster City.

PREP FOOTBALL AISA Class A Semifinal Chambers Academy 41, Lowndes 17 AISA Class AA Semifinal Escambia Academy 54, Clarke Prep 24 AISA Class. A place called wallace Escambia County Historical Society. AO - Fleet Oilers In addition to bunker fuel for ships, the Fleet Oilers carried gasoline for ships boats, aviation fuel, Escambia Class. USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island. Category:Escambia class oilers. media category. Em mais idiomas. Espanhol. Nenhum rótulo definido. categoria de media. Traditional Chinese. No label​.

Anacostia AO 94 Hist.

The same ship as a Navy Fleet Oiler carried a crew of 250 to 325. Skeleton deck carrying planes Allagash, T3 S2 A1 Ashtabula class, completed as AO 97 USN Allatoona, T2 SE A1 Escambia, T2 SE A2, AO 80 USN Escatawpa, T1 M A2,. Escambia county community development block Vendor Registry. 53 5011, Sailors and Marine Oilers, detail, 40, 42.9%, 0.214, 1.00, $17.82, $17.40, $36.190, 10.9%. 53 5021, Captains, Mates, and Pilots of. Category:Escambia class oilers data. Class Oiler Ship Cap AO MilitaryBest Custom Escambia. 0.35 cttw AFFY Round White Cubic Zirconia Mens Wedding Band Ring in 14k Gold Over Sterling Silver,​. Escambia Class Replenishment Oiler Models SD Model Makers. Cimarron class oiler Escambia class oiler Kennebec class oiler Mission Buenaventura class fleet oiler Patoka class oiler Suamico class oiler T2 tanker. Dd 828 uss timmerman gearing class destroyer ship military patch. College, FL and the School Board of Escambia County, FL Florida. during and after normal class hours through the effective use of the Colleges programs on Colleges SACSCOC polic on substantive change. requests to oIler specific.

The Santa Rosa press gazette ALL ISSUES CITATION SEARCH.

Was a Escambia class fleet oiler acquired by the U.S. Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary task of providing fuel to vessels in. Columbia College Mack Frost. Escambia and Santa Rosa counties each recorded two more COVID 19 deaths on Saturday, I really like our team: GCs Petree adds 8 newcomers to 3 returners with initial recruiting class Blackhawks stun Oilers 6 4 in series opener. Class Fuel Hauler Jobs, Employment. The Navys first fuel ships designed and built as oilers, rather than colliers, the Kanawha class Her name was given to one of the Escambia class, AO 91. Top 50 high school running backs of all time MaxPreps. The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers T2 tanker – The T2 tanker Hat Creek in August 1943 ○ The T2 tanker Pendleton bow in. Collective Bargaining Agreements U.S. Department of Labor. Of course, there was no problem of resupply of ammunition because the force All the ships were fueled here, and the oilers Trinity and Pecos refilled with oil were the Tappahannock, Neches, Suamico, Ashtabula, Kankakee, Escambia,.

USS Escambia AO 80 Military Fandom.

1 and Denver Classroom Teachers Association Addendum 1984 Escambia County District School Board and Escambia Education Support Oilers IBFO, Service Employees International Union SEIU, AFL CIO CLC, Local 1221 1998 ​. US NAVY USS Ocklawaha Ao 84 Escambia Class Replenishment. This was the first of a series of eight ESCAMBIA or 80 class fleet oilers. Shakedown cruise was held in the San Francisco San Pedro San Diego area.

AUb I ZU1f Florida Department of Education.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for. Tamalpais AO 96 Haze Gray & Underway. USS Caney AO 95 Escambia class replenishment oiler patch. Escambia class Oilers Allied Warships of WWII. The Class of 1945W as part of the Navys wartime ROTC program. He served in the South Pacific aboard the U.S.S Escambia, a Navy oiler,.

Barrancas National Cemetery Surnames Ko Lam Escambia.

The USS Escambia was the first of eight Escambia Class Fleet Oilers, commissioned by the Navy on 28 October 1943, supplying the Third Fleet. Unknown Carrier watches over an unknown oiler as it goes through. Pages in category Escambia class oilers. The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes learn more.

CAHABA AO 82 NavalCoverMuseum.

Chiwawa Class – June 1942. Kennebec Class Escambia Class – April 1943. USS Cimarron, first of the Navys many World War II era T3 S2 A1 type oilers. United States Armed Forces Kylar Fandom. Fleet Oiler Lineage. Hull No. Ship Name. Classe. Construtor. Fiscal Year. Ordered Escambia. Escambia T2 SE A2. Marinship. FY43. 10 28 1943. AO 81. Escambia AO 80 Class Shipscribe. Our ship was a Fleet Tanker or Fleet Oiler, the first of its class, the USS Escambia length 523 feet 6 inches, beam 68 feet, draft 30 feet ten inches, speed 16 knots.

Port Orford Today! Vol. 14, 15 HOME z.com.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. USS Nemasket AOG 10, Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker. Model. Starting from welders arc strike on deck of ship. The USS Ponaganset AO 86 was a T 2 tanker, a Escambia class Fleet Oiler, built at Marinship in Sausalito,. USS Cahaba AO 82 Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. Escambia Class, U.S. Oilers. Photograph of fleet oiler Escambia Mare Island Shipyard 5595 43. Via Specifications:.

T2 tanker pedia WordDisk.

USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти. GUIDELINES FOR MARINE ARTIFICIAL REEF MATERIALS. Oct 18, 2016 USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island Navy Yard on 16 December 1943 soon after completion.

AO 80 USS Escambia Ibiblio.

Was a class of oil tanker constructed and produced in large quantities in the United States during World War II. Only the T3 tankers were larger navy oilers of​. Beans, Bullets, and Black Oil Naval History and Heritage Command. Type, Oiler. Displacement, 5782 BRT. Length, 523 feet. Complement, 267 men. Armament, 1 5 DP gun 4 3 AA guns 4x1 8 40mm AA 4x2 8 20mm AA 4x2. PPT WORLD WAR II ERA PowerPoint Presentation, free download. T2 SE A2 AO 80 Escambia AO 111 Mission Buenaventura AW 3 Pasig ​Freight Supply, the T 2 Tanker, and the later war Victory class ship, They were taken over by the US Navy in 1942, and completed as Navy oilers.

Escambia County, Florida.

AO: Fleet Oilers Hull Number, Name, Class, Type, Camouflage Design, Design Date, Paint AO 82, Cahaba, Escambia, T2 SE A2, 32 5AO, 2 29 44, 6 2 44. Escambia Class, U.S. Oile The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia. Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker Model airplanes ships aircraft aviation. Custom limited Ask us to make any of the following Oiler or Tanker AO models for you! Fleet Oilers AO 80 Escambia AO 81 Kennebago. Escambia class oiler Visually. USS Escambia AO 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers. Sports Alabama News. USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти Настройки Конфиденциальность Условия. BJT2tanker Total Navy. Emmitt Smith, Escambia Pensacola, Fla. Earned an AFL championship with the Houston Oilers and led the league in kickoff returns. High school: After leading his team to a Class 4A state championship and rushing for.

Raymond J. Kragness Papers Collection Guides.

Than the Liberty class for artificial reef construction. Initially The Liberty ship Joseph L. Meek, sunk off Escambia County, Florida in 1976 A few such examples have been a 160 foot yard oiler South Carolina sank upside. V A 7.pdf Escambia County School District. Class Escambia. Tamalpais AO 96 was laid The fleet oiler departed San Francisco on 7 June for shakedown training out of San Diego. On the 16th, she was. 100 years of Florida high school football: The 100 greatest players. Escambia County: Federal Labor Standards Provisions. Page 1. ESCAMBIA COUNTY 32.05. 9.20. OPERATOR: Oiler.$ 23.50. 9.20.


Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is comprised of the former Naval Support Facility Anacostia, the former Bolling Air Force Base and the Bellevue Housing Area.

It is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast D.C., situated between the Potomac and Anacostia rivers and Interstate 295, in the Anacostia and Congress Heights areas.

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools, during their time away from work.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast Washington, D.C., established on Oct. 1, 2010 in accordance with congressional legislation implementing the recommendations of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission.

The legislation ordered the consolidation of Naval Support Facility Anacostia (NSF) and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB), which were adjoining, but separate military installations, into a single joint base – one of 12 joint bases formed in the country as a result of the law.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) history began with a 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) recommendation that resulted in congressional legislation ordering the consolidation of Naval Support Facility (NSF) Anacostia and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB).

The joint base is one of 12 formed in the country, consolidating 26 installations.

With NSF and BAFB sharing a common boundary, military and congressional leaders recognized the opportunity to reduce duplication of efforts and facilities requirements better utilization of facilities and infrastructure and consolidation and optimization of existing and future service contract requirements, capable of generating financial savings.

Years of planning, followed by a gradual transition of installation management functions performed by civilian, military and contract personnel at culminated in the smooth transition of base operating support management under a single, Navy-led joint military command.

Since the BRAC legislation was enacted, Air Force and Navy planners, support personnel and leaders steadfastly worked to ensure a smooth transition to JBAB. The transition began with an initial operating capability on Jan. 31, 2010, when certain installation support functions began to transfer to the joint base construct and reached full operational capability on Oct. 1, 2010.

Provide Exceptional Mission Support and Base Services Through Pride, Teamwork, and Excellence.

Population Served

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools during their time away from work.

Base Transportation

There is NO base shuttle bus service on Bolling, but there is a shuttle bus provided between Bolling and the Pentagon. Bus service departs the base weekdays every half hour with the first bus leaving Bolling at 8:00am, making 6 stops on base and arriving at the Pentagon 30 minutes later. The first bus departs the Pentagon at 8:40am for Bolling and every half hour thereafter until 16:10. This in NOT meant to be commuter transportation for those living on Bolling and working at the Pentagon.

Patrocínio

A sponsor is someone from your new unit who is assigned to assist you in settling into your new location. You must request a sponsor through your unit. You can learn more about the sponsorship program and how to apply through your Relocation Assistance Program or the Family Center at your new installation.

Your Service will appoint your sponsor in writing. He/she will be the same or close to your rank and the same marital status, if at all possible. This person will be knowledgeable about the local community and the installation available to assist you and your family for at least two weeks post arrival, and be someone who is positive and outgoing.

Sponsors’ responsibilities and abilities to be available will vary from installation to installation, depending upon the priority which the installation and unit commanders give to the program however, the Services are making the Sponsorship program a priority as research has shown the many benefits of good sponsorship to service, family members and youth.

Temporary Quarters

The Navy Lodge provides lodging for official and leisure travel for our U.S. Military families, coast guard, and DoD Civilians worldwide.
Located at 12 Bowline Green, S.W. Bldg 4412 Washington, D.C.
Newly renovated family size rooms – Pet friendly rooms – Breakfast to go – Wireless Internet access – Full size kitchenettes – Multilingual staff
For more information visit www.navy-lodge.com or call 202-563-6950/1-800628-9466.

Relocation Assistance

When it’s time to move, whether in CONUS or OCONUS, the Relocation Assistance Program can provide you with information to make your move a success. Individual and family counseling is available to provide you with up-to-date information on such concerns as childcare, schools, housing, employment and medical facilities at your new location. Ask the experts at our Smooth Move & Overseas Planning Seminar. Lending Locker gear is available for check out with such items as: dishes, pots and pans, silverware, toaster, iron, coffee pot, and air mattresses.

For more information regarding Relocation Assistance please contact:

MFSC Information and Referral Services
202-433-6151 or 202-767-0450

Critical Installation Information

Navy personnel should report to PSD. PSD provides pay, personnel, administrative, and passenger transportation services to over 450 units worldwide (including Presidential staffs, Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, 17 flag commands, and 120 Naval Attaches around the world). Support is also provided to more than 9,500 Active and 3,600 Reserve military personnel, including retired personnel, and their eligible family members in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

Frequently Called Numbers on Base

11th Medical Group (Bolling Clinic) 202-767-5533 DSN: 297-5536

Bolling Area Home Educators (BAHE) 202-574-0229

Bolling Youth Center 202-767-4003 DSN: 297-4003

Child Development Center I (Bolling) (202) 767-2890 DSN: 297-2890

Dental Appointments (202) 767-5626/7/8/9 DSN: 297-5626

DiLorenzo Triservice Health Clinic (Pentagon) 703-692-8810

Family Child Care Program : (202) 404-1454 DSN: 754-1454

Lodging 202-404-7050 DSN: 754-7050

Pentagon – Housing Referral Office (USAF) 202-404-1840 DSN: 754-1840


Assista o vídeo: I drove through the worst parts of Washington,. This is what I saw.